At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Welder- Mechanic for the Maintenance Family located in Wausau, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Welder- Mechanic will work as a team mate with engineering and production personnel to increase equipment reliability through troubleshooting, modification, fabrication, welding, and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Works to be accident free; observes all safety rules, policies, and precautions during the course of departmental operations, reports any unsafe work conditions and submits safety ideas to Safety Suggestion Program
- Installs, maintains, repairs and modifies mechanical equipment and systems used in production, laboratory, offices and facilities areas
- Diagnoses, repairs and makes adjustments bucket elevators, bag houses, conveyors, pumps, boilers, compressors, rotary equipment, air handlers, plant process and support equipment
- Sets up and safely uses shop, and portable equipment such as electric drills, welders, angle grinder, band saws, plasma torch, oxyacetylene torch, brake, hoist, and bridge crane
- Notifies supervisor if any equipment is not operating properly
- Notifies supervisor of any upset conditions affecting quality of the product
- Works from both written and verbal instructions
- Works in areas where the environment may be either hot, cold, humid, dry, dusty, or dirty
- Handles, packages, labels, or transports RCRA hazardous waste and responds to hazardous waste spills
- Meets all customer expectations
- Participates in OJT of new personnel
- Completes required safety and regulatory training. Participates in monthly crew meetings
- Performs other related duties as required to promote team effort in achieving department objectives
- Follows established departmental housekeeping, safety practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working rotating shifts
- Supply of hand tools and toolbox (larger tools provided)
- Frequent physical demands including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess a two (2) year technical degree in a maintenance field OR a minimum of two (2) years of maintenance work experience
- Possess a current and valid Driver's License
- Possess a two (2) year technical degree AND five (5) years of industrial maintenance experience
- Welding certificate from an accredited institution
- Related experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate, maintain and repair tools and equipment
: Wausau, WIRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.