Perform a variety of spot welding operations to assembly, mig-weld, braze, grind and repair various sheet metal parts or assemblies. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Work Safe!
- Basic computer skill use.
- Ob tain blue print/route sheet from MES, verify its information and check for and obtain specified parts as required.
- Work from blue prints and verbal instructions from Supervisor and set-up person.
- Inspect parts and decide whether acceptable for brazing. Place parts on fixture arranged and set-up by set-up person.
- Set up mig-welding, brazing and arc-welding equipment as needed when set-up person not available.
- Adjust gas flow, wire feed, current, ground hook-up, fixtures and flux rod as required.
- Grind weld smooth for paint application when specified or for repair as instructed.
- Mig-weld, braze, arc-weld and grind a variety of sheet metal parts to blue print specification.
- Check quality of welded joints, make adjustments as necessary.
- Repair a variety of defects in sheet metal and associated parts by brazing, welding, straightening and relocation.
- Labe l piece parts and components with MES traveler as instructed by set-up person or supervisor.
- Record production in MES and production log, maintain tools, equipment and an orderly work area, 5S area, restock and request parts as required.
- Exchange gas tanks, clean filters of aerocology machine, change lines and metal coil as required.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Use of decimals, fractions, scales for determining accuracy of minensions.
- Certified requirements for welder/brazer training in safety, controls and operation of equipment.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.