WELDER / FABRICATOR
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Building and Construction
Pay: $12 - $15 / Hour
* Follows technical drawings and plans in the fabrication of pump components utilizing various welding techniques to create a joints and/or intersections of two metal pieces. * Applies standardized metal cutting, layout and manufacturing processes in the performance of duties.
* Ensures welded joints are strong and move on to the next joint called for in the plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Cutting metal plates, tubing and pumps
* Safely use a four inch grinder
* Safely maintain and operate Oxygen and Acetylene torches.
* Preparing base metals for welding.
* Vertical and Horizontal welding of carbon steels.
* Operating within ISO standards.
* Occasional basic machining work on conventional drill press.
* Document actions by completing work records.
* Fabricate a wide variety of metal structures from oral directions, sketches and drawings.
* Ensure safety of processing and other plant equipment, bearings, pumps, sprockets/chains and motors for normal operations and request repairs.
* Operate hoists, hand power tools, grinders, cutting torch and other hand tools related to the job needs.
* Maintain good housekeeping before, after, and during each job assignment and job area.
* Put parts in proper locations after welding.
* Must pass 7 year National Criminal Background (NO FELONIES)
* Must pass Drug Screen
* Must have the ability to use measuring devices, Torch, MIG and stick welding.
* Must be able to read blueprints.
* Must be able to work in fast paced environment with frequent changes, delays, unexpected events and competing demands.
* Must be able to lift/move 70lbs.
A little about us:
For nearly 70 years, Manpower’s mission is to provide job seekers with meaningful career opportunities.