Eaton Power Systems has a Welder/Leak Tester- 2nd shift opening in Waukesha, WI (Badger Dr.)
Prep tanks for leak testing, ensure tanks are leak proof by air/soap test or zyglo/black light, patch tanks using weld
electrode, apply required studs, ensure cleanliness of the inside of tanks, remove tanks from line or lead tester and palletize, give cursory final quality check.
1. Plugs tank orifices in preparation for leak testing.
2. Operates hydraulic leak test machine.
3. Pressurizes tank, applies soap to locate leaks, patches leaks with weld electrode.
4. Applies required studs using electric stud welding gun, using proper procedure.
5. Uses crane to take tank off line or leak test machine and palletizes.
6. Ensures cleanliness of inside of tanks by sweeping down the inside of the frontplate, then using the vacuum to remove debris.
7. Gives finished tank a cursory inspection to ensure tank meets customer visual requirements; i.e. weld splatter scrapped, loose dirt, and normal weldments and punchings.
8. Obvious non-conformances will be documented on a Material Reject Tag (MRT) and tank will be set aside to be returned to the original welder for re-work
• Must have completed High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution.
• 1 year of welding experience in a manufacturing environment
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within (50 miles) of facility will be considered for this position.
• Associates degree or certification in robotic welding
• 3 years of manufacturing experience
• Successfully complete Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems weld test (TIG).
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.