The Welding Automation Specialist is a resource for Sales Associates to assist in gaining and retaining core business for the region through cost savings engineering; shielding gas selection for welding process; weld training; product demonstrations; technical information; and automation selection. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide branch and sales associate support to facilitate sales of robotic, plasma, laser, and fixed automation projects.
- Coordinate and participate in installation and service robotic, plasma, laser, and fixed automation projects.
- Evaluate customer's welding and cutting processes and provide needed training for improvement.
- Provide customers with the engineering, technical support, training, and service for all your robotics and automation needs.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Willingness travel about 25-30% of the time
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Experience in the welding industry, preferred; and knowledge of welding processes
- Working knowledge of CNC, robotics controls and tooling, positioning equipment, laser cutting and welding, shielding gas and filler metals, and plasma applications
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of MS Office programs, especially Word and Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to customer, top management or public groups and prepare effective sales proposals.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Good organizational skills with ability to follow through until completion.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be detail oriented with strong customer focus
- Must be able to touch type using standard computer keyboard
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to operate in a drug-free work place.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.