Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Welding Engineer - Technical Sales Representative for our location in San Antonio, TX.
The Welding Engineer - Technical Sales Representative will provide support to sales team members to help grow sales revenues and profits, gain new strategic opportunities, and meet sales targets within an assigned a designated geographic area or group of customer accounts. The Welding Engineer - Technical Sales Representative will be an individual contributor who is accountable for serving as a specialist to obtain profitable contracts with large, key and/or complex accounts often driving a particular market segment. Welding Engineer - Technical Sales Representative
- Provides guidance/support to sales colleagues, assists in all sales activity of sales team
- Supports and pursues joint targets with other sales personnel
- Focuses on profit improvement and gaining new opportunities
- Improves the profitability of existing accounts by fully understanding the cost to serve and the value propositions for the accounts/customers
- Develops knowledge and collects data on the account's business, products, processes, growth opportunities and customer
- Promote sales, introduces the organization's programs and provides account service to assigned and potential customers
- Focuses on new business development, maintaining customer relationships and troubleshooting specific customer problems
- Develops customer needs analysis, including long and short term goals and tactics, pricing strategy and a renegotiation plan
- Demonstrates products to new account customers.
- Secure long term relationship by negotiating straightforward agreements.
- Maintains good coordination and communication with other sales groups, and functional groups, such as marketing, customer service, production, engineering, logistics, law and others, to ensure that the account strategies are aligned with the available resources and market objectives.
- Understands competitive activity and strategies with in assigned area/group of customers. Monitor s competitive activity and maintains competitive intelligence databases.
- Understands the value of Praxair's products and application technology in developing pricing recommend-actions. Recognizes and expands opportunities at existing customers bringing solutions and value to customers.
- Degree preferred
- 7 years Outside Sales experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Prior Industry experience is required
- CWI or CWE certification preferred
- No DUI/DWI or other alcohol (driving) related convictions within the last ten (10) years
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.