Has advanced and specialized expertise in an analytical/scientific method or operational process, typically developed through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Completes assignments and facilitates the work activities of others; may coordinate work beyond own area. Proposes improvements to processes and methods. Acts as a lead, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices. Key Responsibilities
- Advanced welder with the capability of operating TIG, MIG, and Oxy Acetylene welding equipment and common shop tools such as grinders, sanders and hydraulic straightening equipment. Must be able to train Welder I, Welder II and Welder III.
- Advanced skill level for developing welding projects by analyzing work orders, prints, and completed assembly; calculating requirements; determining appropriate welding techniques.
- Advanced capability for using measuring equipment (tape measure, framing square, straight edge, calipers, laser level)
- Advanced capability for using shop measuring equipment, engineering drawings and cutting equipment to cut stock (tubing, angle iron, channel iron, flat bar, etc.) for complex welded miscellaneous assemblies and frame assemblies.
- Advanced capability for fabricating all miscellaneous welded assemblies and more complex frame assemblies.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss. Conforms to departmental safety requirements.
- Has developed advanced specialized expertise within a analytical/scientific area to perform the most complex work
- Has a good understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may allocate work and provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Exchanges ideas and information effectively; uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others
- High School Diploma/GED
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.