STATEMENT OF JOB
Responsible for providing supervision to production employees in department(s) including work scheduling and assignment, employee training, ensuring production quality and quantity requirements are met, administering safety, communication and equipment maintenance. Must have a valid forklift license.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
High School Diploma or GED
3 - 5 Years Experience
6G Weld Certification
Be a strong advocate of the Tyco Behaviors of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Accontability.
1. Must possess creativity/adaptability to successfully manage Department to effectively address changing business conditions and to achieve objectives.
2. Must provide effective supervision of subordinates to achieve desired results. Attributes necessary to meet this need may include communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
3. Must possess thorough and relevant manufacturing knowledge.
4. Position requires occasional exercise of decision making, problem solving, policy or procedure interpretation and facilitation skills.
5. Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required.
6. Generally, will supervise department (s)/ area(s) where work performed is of an unskilled to semi-skilled to skilled nature, and/or where a variety of occupational skills may be employed.
7. May generally supervise 7 to 20 employees.
8. Keeps supervisor informed of all pertinent information and developments.
9. Position requires extensive standing and walking as part of normal job duties.
10. Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required.
11. Position requires ability to work in a normal production plant environment.
12. Inventory monitoring.
13. Operate cell equipment.
14. Supplementary assistance to line operators.
15. Training of employees in operation of various cell equipment as needed in operation setup and trainer level proficiency.
16. Setup level: Help setup machine if needed for next job.
17. Support to cell manager in areas of production: scheduling, manpower planning and vacation planning.
18. Take on projects and assignments as assigned by supervisor.
19. Set up material for next shift.
20. Taking care of time cards when Supervisor is on vacation.
21. Trained in First Aid and / or willingness to be First Aid Trained.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.