Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
The WAC Reservations Agent is an essential front line position within the concession operation at Denali National Park. This team member is responsible for ensuring the highest customer service levels possible while ticketing passengers and reserving campsites. Since this position is often the first park staff that the visitor interacts with, it is important this team member has a thorough knowledge of in-park operations as well as having a professional and courteous demeanor. Previous customer service experience is desired, but will train the right candidate. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Become familiar with our computer reservation system, a Windows-based system.
- Conduct sales and reservations transactions to customers accessing the Visitor Transportation System (VTS) as well as for campgrounds and tours. Included in all transactions, but not limited to is: input of data correctly into the ROVER system and positive interaction with the customer designed to respond as appropriate to their specific needs and desires.
- Assist customers with any other inquiries, including directing them to the Information Desk or NPS Denali Visitor Center when appropriate.
- Assist with expediting tasks either with VTS or Tour.
- Assist with tour ticketing and phone reservations.
- Maintain a bank and be accountable for all of your transactions on a daily basis.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Wilderness Access Center Manager.
- Assist with phone inquiries from clients or other departments.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per season to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department's environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Reports to Wilderness Access Center Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor
Qualifications: Qualifications: Minimum requirements
- Computer data entry experience.
- Previous experience in a customer service related job.
- Ability to work and maintain concentration in a limited physical work environment and in direct view of the public. Professional demeanor and adherence to specific uniform and grooming standards.
- Ability to stand for long durations (several hours at a time).
- Previous experience with SMS, the reservation system is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with cash-handling.
Computer, telephone, photocopier, printer, calculator Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders) Physical Requirements:
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.