GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Wind Customer Micrositing Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Wind Customer Micrositing Engineer is the technical interface with Commercial Operations, Marketing, Sales, Requisition Engineering, and Project Management for the proposal and order in-take life cycle. You will provide our customers with engineering excellence, configure machine options to meet customer needs and execute technical due diligence to find creative ways to differentiate the GE offering for every deal.
As the Wind Customer Micrositing Engineer, you will:
• Manage the technical aspects of new wind farm proposals including design-to-order requests, site design and machine configuration
• Support process improvement efforts related to GE's risk assessment and due diligence
• Provide energy assessments and trade-off analysis with product suitability
• Execute micrositing turbine suitability studies, mechanical loads analysis including product fit solutions
• Provide support for responses to all customer technical inquiries and communications, as well as review of customer specifications and site data; this includes interface with Platform Teams to facilitate implementation of new Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) offerings & features
• Engage with Platform and product line leader to ensure Tollgate deliverables are identified & meet requirements where practicable
• Communicate contract and project requirements to all design functions, utilizing internal documentation systems (Salesforce, WIFC, PLM, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, Atmospheric Science, or related) from an accredited college or university
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience in renewable energy technologies
• Experience in wind turbine loads analysis simulation software
• Experience designing and implementing digitization solutions to improve internal fulfillment processes and workflows
• Experience providing technical support to sales, commercial and marketing functions
• Customer negotiations for technical and commercial topics during ITO (Inquiry to Order)
• Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
• Results oriented, with strong data driven technical and interpersonal skills
• Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
• Strong influencing and team building skills
• Strong written, oral, & presentation skills
• Ability and willingness to accept challenges outside of technical expertise / comfort zone
• Global experience with proven ability to work with international teams
• Self-Motivated, Team player, with Demonstrated Creativity and Fulfillment
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.