Wind Energy Lead Technician- Santa Rita (Big Lake, TX)
Company: General Electric
Location: Austin, Texas
Posted: November 03, 2017
Reference ID: 3016845
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Wind Energy Lead Technician at Santa Rita Farm in Big Lake, TX will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and warranty repair of wind turbine generators. You will oversee contractual obligations and activities, working closely with project owners and various customers on a daily basis. You will also perform all mechanical and electrical component maintenance, repair, and replacement of parts to correct malfunctions.
As the Wind Energy Lead Technician at Santa Rita Wind Farm, you will:
• Oversee contractual obligations and activities, working closely with project owners and various customers on a daily basis, including any portion of the electrical and mechanical equipment used in wind turbines
• Be responsible for subordinate employee classifications which include maintenance mechanics, technicians, and operators
• Troubleshoot complicated mechanical and electrical problems including: variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, and components
• Perform all mechanical and electrical component maintenance, repair, and replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
• Perform a variety of administrative duties as well as be responsible for EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) and other relevant compliance
• Assist with staffing requirements, counseling, coaching, training, and corrective action concerning employees and contractors
• Assist with performance evaluations for subordinate employee per management instructions
• Help in all areas of facility operations as directed by manager
• Assist with Profit & Loss (P&L) reporting responsibilities and responsible for spare parts inventory
• High School Diploma / GED
• Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience
• Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
• Ability and willingness to climb towers up to 300 feet
• Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
• Ability to meet specific OSHA weight limits of 250 to 300lbs max
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings
• Ability and willingness to read, interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations
• Ability to write reports, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
• Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
• Ability and willingness to be available for rotation shift schedules 24 hours, seven days a week
• Bachelor's Degree in a Technical, Electrical, or Electronics field from an accredited college or university
• Technical Certification in Wind Energy or Electrical / Electronic field
• Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheet processing, e-mail programs, facility control and management systems, and computer diagnostic and troubleshooting tools
• Wind turbine experience
• Wind facility operations experience and wind turbine experience
• My learning High Voltage Tests such as: GEE-PROD-W025-WIND - 2.20 Substations and Transformers / GEE-PROD-W026-WIND - 2.21 Padmount Transformer Switching / GEE-PROD-W027-WIND - 2.23 Substation & Interconnect Switching (GE Employees Only)
• Advanced electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic experience
• Experience using hydraulic power tools
• Ability and willingness to take initiative and work without direct supervision
• Experience with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
• Comprehensive writing skills to meet contractual reporting obligations, as required
• Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the Wind Farm
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:
@geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; Texas; Big Lake, Other
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.