GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Wind Farm Interfaces Grid Engineer provides essential support for customer proposals and orders. This role interacts regularly with customers, application engineers, commercial and sales teams, project engineers, project managers, product line leaders, new product development teams and product service.
You will provide our customers with engineering excellence, configure machine options to meet customer needs, execute technical due diligence and find creative ways to differentiate the GE offering for every deal.
As the Wind Farm Interfaces Grid Engineer, you will:
• Determine voltage / VAR (Volt Amp Reactive) control settings for GE's WindCONTROL plant controller for wind farm projects
• Identify requirements for coordinating voltage control with other power plants in the region
• Help customers understand what features & settings they need
• Encourage software and control upsell opportunities for new wind farms and Services
• Adapt and provide power system load flow and PSCAD electrical dynamic models for customer and utility grid studies
• Develop load flow analysis skills
• Help customers and new product introduction teams address the variety of grid requirements around the world
• Help identify grid interconnection risks and mitigation approaches for wind farms
• Identify opportunities to influence grid code requirements, and to improve GE's products and documentation based on grid requirements and trends
• Support customers and Sales in answering questions and resolving grid concerns for wind farm proposals and orders
• Support customers' grid acceptance tests and issue resolution with grid authorities
• Work closely with world class experts in GE Energy Consulting and design engineering
• Develop depth and expertise in wind turbine capabilities and their interaction with the electrical Balance of Plant, Distribution and Transmission systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience
• Passion for electrical power systems and equipment
• Demonstrated leadership and planning skills
• Track record of initiating and driving improvements
• Strong analytical skills
• English fluency
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in generating and delivering customer-facing technical documents & presentations
• Availability to travel to customer and global GE sites
• Demonstrated willingness to take on team deliverables personally
• Experience in the renewable energy industry
• Experience in controls or component-level power conversion equipment
• Experience applying grid code requirements for power plants or wind farms
• Experience in power system, harmonics and grid stability studies
• Experience providing technical support to sales, commercial and marketing functions
• Customer negotiations for technical and commercial topics during ITO (Inquiry to Order)
• Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
• Results oriented, with strong data driven technical and interpersonal skills
• Master's Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree from an accredited college or university
• Strong influencing and team building skills
• Strong written, oral, & presentation skills
• Ability and willingness to accept challenges outside of technical expertise / comfort zone
• Global experience with proven ability to work with international teams
• Self-Motivated, Team player, with Demonstrated Creativity and Fulfillment
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:
@geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States ; New York; Schenectady
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.