GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Wind Technician - Shannon (Windthorst, TX)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Wind Technician at Shannon will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and warranty repair of wind turbine generators. In this role, you will troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch and variable speed turbines.
As the Wind Technician at Shannon, you will:
* Work closely with project owners and various customers on a daily basis to oversee contractual obligations and activities, which include any portion of the electrical and mechanical equipment used in the GE 1.5 wind turbine generator
* Perform maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
* Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines
* Help in all areas of site operations as directed by manager with minimal supervision
* Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
* Perform some diagnostic electrical analysis
* Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures
* Work with and respond to GE's remote operations center when necessary
* Associate's Degree in a Technical Electrical / Electronic discipline from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in electrical / electronic repair industry)
* Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license
* Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
* Ability and willingness to climb towers up to 300 feet
* Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
* Ability to meet specific OSHA weight limits of 250 to 300lbs max
* Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
* Ability and willingness to be available for rotation shift schedules 24 hours, seven days a week
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Professional training in the electrical engineering sector (i.e. electrician, power electronics system, mechatronic engineer)
* Familiarity with MS-Office operating system
* High degree of quality awareness, and excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills combined with the ability to detect and remedy faults, defects, problems
* Team player, cooperative, interested in further development
* Confident personality
* Able to work at heights and high level of physical fitness
* Structured worker with technical analytical abilities
* High degree of flexibility, highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure
* Electrical / mechanical service or maintenance experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.