We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and even the workplace-by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social and mobile. IBM Global Business Services is a leader in this transformation and just the place to launch your career, or start a new one, in consulting. At IBM, you can be part of a team that strives to make the world work better and to help our clients succeed through research, analytics and technology. Join us and discover what you can make of this moment.
The Windows Administrator:
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts. Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Coordinates installations and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance of Secret.
Work location: Huntsville, AL
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.