Windows AdministratorBusiness Challenge/Project Story:
The Windows team supports the servers utilized by their internal customers. If the servers have issues or go down that compromises other teams ability to do their job. This team receives tickets for any RUN related issues as it pertains to Windows servers. Servers may have outages and this team is responsible for being the 1st line of defense. The more time wasted is more money lost.
* Able to troubleshoot and determine resolution from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
* Windows 2003, 2008, 2012
* Strong OS experience
* Knowledge and experience using VMware and Symantec clustering technologies
* Experience using Active Directory
* Knowledge of HP Server hardware
* Experience installing of OS, Tooling, Backup Software, system management components
* Maintenance and review of user accounts
* Experience of client/server and enterprise environments
* Work well within a team environment
* Having Windows certification will be an added advantage
* Ability to structure and draft technical documentation is a plusShift:
We need a candidate that is fairly flexible, our contractors are working on a swing schedule: "Early's", "Normal's", and "Twlight's".
Early: 7:00 AM-3:30 PM (onsite)
Normal: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Twilight: 3:30 PM-11 PM
Between the 3 contractors they will be expected to work together along with the team scheduler to create a scheduler that is fair but also works for everyone's lifestyle.
Why you should work here:
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Client has been recognized as a Fortune Best Places to Work company for 2016
- Client provides great work/life balance for their employees and contractors
- Client invests heavily in technology and people, providing career advancement and new opportunities to pursue
- Client is extremely active in the local community, and sponsors many national and local events benefiting Columbus and the community
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.