REMOTE contract to hire opportunity with 5% travel to Silver Spring, MD
Should have an MCSE certification and be accustomed to working in an DevOps environment
1) 5 or more years of experience with deployments using:
- Powershell or SCCM
- Development and system administration tools as Wireshark, Fiddler, IIS FRT, Sysinternals, SQL Tracing, etc
2) Needs to deeply understand Provisioning and hypervisor platforms like VMware to deploy virtual servers into the cloud
Windows Systems Engineer responsible for developing and executing deployment packages for deploying, automating, monitoring and supporting high-availability Windows-based servers and applications in cloud hosted environments including Amazon Web Services and Azure. Develop scripts and utilize industry standard tools for Windows system automation for creation and update of virtual machines using Powershell. The system engineer performs hands-on server infrastructure support in large enterprise environments (more than 50 servers) and expected to be highly skilled and knowledgeable in industry-standard tools, architecting systems with automation for security, scalability, reliability, and performance, requiring minimal work direction and provides best practicing sharing within the work group. This includes system administration, server patching, supporting upgrades and resolution of production problems in a timely manner for operational systems.
Act as a liaison in meetings with vendors and development groups, bringing an operational perspective to the SDLC and identifying operations deliverable, dates and architecture changes as needed. Collaborate with developers, vendors and professional service organizations to plan Windows automation strategies for implementing new systems and services. Interact with internal customers supporting external customers, corporate and vendor IT staffs to provide world-class production support. Implement System Monitoring to detect performance issues in virtual machines managed by Cloud and Hosting Operations.
Bachelors Degree (Information Technology or related is preferred but not required) or 2+ years relevant and equivalent experience
Minimum 5+ years experience building and maintaining system automation and batch/shell scripting
Minimum 5+ years experience with Windows Server administration in co-located facilities, managed virtual, and/or in public and private clouds.
Experience with PKI infrastructure and certificate management
Ability to work after office hours as required for support and deployments
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or a Graduate technical degree
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent
Expert experience with deployments using:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Windows Power Shell or SCCM
Advanced experience with
- Windows Server administration
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2012R2 system administration tasks
- development and system administration tools as Wireshark, Fiddler, IIS FRT, Sysinternals, SQL Tracing, etc.
- standard system administrator functions such as server build outs, monitoring, patch/security updates, antivirus, backups, restores, asset management, 24X7 support, pager duty, etc.
- WSUS for patch management
Experience working in cloud systems and virtual machine environments
Experience with data formats XML, XSL, JSON
Experience with Openstax
Understanding of provisioning and hypervisor platforms like VMWare to deploy virtual servers.
Experience with automation related to:
- testing (Nunit/MSTest/Selenium)
- setup and maintenance of Windows Services, IIS Web Servers including High Availability and Load Balancing solutions.
Experience in security management, with systems other than Microsoft security
Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery methods for complex applications deployed in multiple regions.
Unwavering operational focus to provide excellent service to our "customers".
Highly motivated team player who contributes to the operational maturity of the team
Creative problem solving skills that require minimum supervisory prompting
Documentation skills that use tools like Visio, Sharepoint, Powerpoint, Excel.
Great communication skills both written and oral
Ownership of tasks and projects with 100% follow through to completion.
Ability to follow process and create process where there is none.
Experience in handling and securing sensitive information and data
Experience in the healthcare field
- Remote capabilities allowed
- Client asks that candidate comes on site at the start of engagement for kick off and team building as well as sporadic travel back to Silver Spring location for special events and quarterly team building.
- 1 week of Paid Vacation is included
- Consultants will be reimbursed for travel
- Travel is expected to be 5% of time
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.