Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Windows Engineer will be part of a high-performing global team responsible for desktop engineering, Group Policy Object administration, application services, deployment services, and core applications management. The role requires leveraging tools and processes to provide high quality, reliable, and cost effective desktop management services to global Merck employees. Qualifications:
- 4 years practical experience engineering Windows desktop build processes
- Strong technical knowledge and in-depth understanding of Microsoft Windows client operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of one or more technologies: Microsoft WMI, PowerShell, VBScript and SCCM
- Ability to document and maintain Standard Operation Procedures, Work Instructions, and System Development Lifecycle Management processes
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Conceptual knowledge of Office 365 suite and other Microsoft cloud services
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum direction in a highly demanding environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to adapt and rapidly learn new technologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in reading/writing/speaking English
- 4 years practical experience with the following Microsoft technologies: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Configuration Manager 2012
- 3 years practical experience with Operating System Deployment and associated tools (ADK/AIK, MDT)
- A general understanding of security suites - specifically McAfee Agent/AV/ENS, HIPS, DLP, EEPC, Site Advisor
- Extensive technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- Good working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Working knowledge and understanding of Remedy
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement