Dell EMC's Infrastructure Software Engineering team works with internal and vendor teams (Microsoft, VMware, Red Hat and others) to enable features (in hardware and software) and differentiated solutions. This includes identifying critical technical intersection points, planning and proof-testing long before release, as well as advising and consulting with teams on products currently in development.
This engineering role specifically focuses on Windows Server and Systems Management (including System Center) technologies, working with internal teams and Microsoft directly. This job is located in Round Rock, TX.
* Investigating new technologies and their impact on Windows Server
* Maintain working knowledge of software-designed data center principles, through hands-on lab implementations and joint development with partners
* creating proofs-of-concept for emerging technologies, and identify/resolve software bugs.
* Working as part of a global team to drive next-gen technologies forward, including all activities necessary to take a product from concept through completion, including design, implementation and integration, validation strategy, and debug.
* 4 years of experience with Windows Server enterprise administration/support
* Very good knowledge/familiarity with PowerShell and related tools like Desired State Configuration
* Knowledge/familiarity with development environments like Visual Studio
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with enterprise server, storage, networking technologies
* Experience with Hyper-V/virtualization/software-defined solutions
* B.S. in computer engineering or computer science, or equivalent.
* Great attitude and propensity to learn.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to work with many groups in complex environments and deal with ambiguity.
* 2 years of Windows C/C application development or scripting in enterprise system administration
* Experience with kernel development/debugging, device driver development/debugging, and/or application development
* Useful experience with Azure/AWS/cloud infrastructure/solution offerings
* M.S. in computer engineering or computer science, or equivalent
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Windows Server - Software Development Principal Engineer*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *1600106X*