This Systems Administrator position is within the Distributed System Operations-Windows Support Team and falls under Global Systems Support. System Administrator is of an individual contributor responsible for applying skills and knowledge to perform specified support functions. As part of the team - will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. Knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, and escalation procedures.
This position is also expected to interact with Systems, Database, Engineering, Asset Management, Product Development, Operations, Audit and Risk, and various groups within Technology. This role must have strong communication and analytical skills.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Windows 2003/2008/2012 servers and related SOE software's
- Microsoft Virtualization (Hyper- V) administration using SVCMM and SCOM
- Troubleshooting SCVMM and Windows Clustering performance problems
- ESXi, vSphere systems administration and support including VMs management, vMotion, HA, DRS, vCenter Service Manager
- Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management)
- Administration of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for software updates & patches deployment
- Identify automation/innovation opportunities in BAU environment and create tools/scripts to automate and schedule routine administration tasks
- Will need some basic understanding of SAN and NAS storage environment
- Managing Cisco, HP, Dell blades, Rack servers and Enclosures
- Fixing hardware issues related to HP, Dell, and Cisco hardware
- Manage and support at least 2 of the following third party monitoring and automation tools: Netcool, Splunk, BMC Patrol, Opnet, BMC Blade logic, BMC BAO
- BAU operational support of Wintel infrastructure with sound knowledge of ITIL v3 operational processes such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required. Post graduate degree a plus
- Min 3-5 years' experience in windows system administration
- Operating Systems Administrations Skill: Windows 2008/2012
- Demonstrated experience in managing Enterprise Infrastructure systems including Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Clustering, SCCM, SCOM
- Experience in administering medium to large scale virtualized environment utilizing VMware and Hyper-V
- Strong understanding of networking concepts like TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Familiarity with SAN and NAS storage in Windows Server environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in Scripting (PowerShell, VBscript, Batch, etc...)
- Understanding of automation technologies including scripting languages like PowerShell, Power CLI
- Basic understanding of ITIL v3 processes such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with management & technical subject matter experts
- Strong focus on quality and customer service
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and practical problem solving skills
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.