Windows System Cloud Engineer
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Posted: November 03, 2016
Reference ID: 160017QS
Title: Windows System Administrator
Reporting to : Manager, Cloud Data Center Operations
About Business Unit:
The Oracle Cloud for Industry (OCI) provides Cloud-based Infrastructure and Platform services to allow the Oracle Global Business Units to offer Cloud offerings in the Health Sciences, Communications, Retail, Finance, Utilities, and Project Management vertical markets.
The Oracle Cloud for Industry (OCI) Architecture team is responsible for driving architecture innovation and enabling Oracle Global Business Unit (GBU) Cloud Offerings. OCI Architects bridge the gap between business and technology and combine a deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to develop Cloud solutions that meet the business objectives of the GBU's and their customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will possess excellent systems management and interpersonal communication skills, have good troubleshooting and analyzing skills, and are responsible and responsive. The candidate must be efficient on Windows Operating Systems (2000/2003/2008) and independent on Oracle Enterprise Linux (RHEL base) Operating System, database and Internet technologies, security and hosting facilities. The candidate must feel comfortable in fast-paced, team-based environment.
• Support the deployment of development environments used for building new offerings and applications that will be deployed into a mission critical SaaS (Software as a Service) Hosting environment
• Assist in creating Install Qualification (IQ), Operational Qualification (OQ) and deployment documentation as needed to support environment and application deployments into the Production Hosting environment.
• Work with project teams to implement server resources and based on timelines for projects. Implement requirements, specification and project development efforts to support projects. Assist in coordinate with vendors to committed services.
• Execute against project plans to implement software and hardware installation and upgrade projects. Assist with resolving performance tuning issues. Provide off-hours support on a rotating schedule.
• Assure internal and vendor compliance to company standard operating procedures. Review quality metrics and procedures. Assess system vulnerability and security capabilities. Participate in disaster recovery and backup procedures development and implementation.
• Responsible for the system administration activities within the environment; Monitor all system processes. Install, configure, and maintain file systems. Design and secure troubleshooting system utilities and diagnostic equipment. Introduce remote management
• B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent experience;
• 5 year experience in a System Admin position.
• Experienced with Quality Management methods and philosophies.
• Certifications are a plus and Exposure to ITIL V3
• Network and/or system background
• Knowledge of Windows Server technologies
• Knowledge of Active Directory
• Knowledge of PowerShell scripting
• Experience with 24x7 support a plus
• Strong research skills
• Ability to manage and maintain an Active Directory infrastructure
• Ability to troubleshoot common Windows and Active Directory issues
• Knowledge in administering Active Directory GPO's a plus
• Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, Windows 2012.
• Strong team skills and integrity in a professional environment
• Knowledge of server virtualization, SAN and NAS technologies
• Experience with SMTP, sFTP, IIS, ASP, HTML, VBScript, Windows and other Unix based Scripting languages, and DNS services. Ability to write and debug scripts.
• Must be self-managed and self-motivated.
• Exposure to backup, DR and patching tools/technologies
Good to have Skills:
• Demonstrable expertise in server/system management in a production environment.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to appropriate management.
• First rate customer service skills are a MUST.
• Knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux.
• Must be available to be on call 24x7 and work some evenings or weekends.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and planning skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Familiarity with Oracle Utilities (SPL / Lodestar) products is a big plus;
Work Location: Burlington, MA United States
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.