Blizzard Entertainment's global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Windows systems engineer to aid in supporting Blizzard's corporate active directory environment.
The ideal candidate is proficient in the troubleshooting, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of windows domain controllers and active directory in a large enterprise environment and must have experience in related infrastructure including virtualization environments, enterprise storage and networking.
This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers to implement solutions and complete tasks associated with Windows core services. They will also perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed.
This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.Responsibilities
- Primary support and service provider for corporate domain controllers and active directory.
- Develop and maintain active directory topologies in a multi-forest environment including trusts, replication, GPOs, DNS, and other core infrastructure related to active directory.
- Serve as a backup to other team members in areas such as Exchange, Lync, and SharePoint.
- Provide technical support for windows domain services per requests from various customers and teams. Support requests can come in the form of phone calls, emails, IMs, and Remedy incident tickets.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues to identify root cause in order to implement recurrence prevention plans.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted customers via crisis management.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Upgrade administrative tools and utilities as needed. Configure and add new services as necessary.
- Develop and maintain installation, design, and configuration procedures and documentation.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform performance reporting to support capacity planning and hardware lifecycle planning.
- Participate in an on call rotation, providing 24 / 7 support for all responsible systems during such a rotation.
- Provide professional and responsive communications to customer, project management, and management inquiries via phone, email, IM, and Remedy tickets.
- Provide guidance to customers and team members on systems related technologies in the form of consultations, architecture, design proposals, and reviews.
- Follow existing incident, problem, release, crisis, and change management processes as well as provide feedback to improve said processes.
- Proficient with Windows domain management, including designing / architecting, implementing, and managing of active directory
- Proficient with Windows Server 2008 and 2012 including hands on experience with system installation / configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration, package management, and process control / management
- Well versed utilizing SCOM to monitor and tune windows environments
- Deep understanding of authentication protocols such as Kerberos, NTLM, and LDAP
- Experienced Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and Federation / Authorization protocols such as SAML 2.0
- Deep understanding of Windows security best practices
- Knowledge of networking principles and applications / technologies (e.g., TCP / UDP protocols, iSCSI, DNS, DHCP, GPO services)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS principles, experience deploying and maintaining various storage solutions
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting, using scripting to help automate administrative tasks to improve overall team efficiency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Experience working in an enterprise datacenter environment
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, and SharePoint 2010
- Experience with Office365
- Experience SCCM
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, or equivalent
- Certification in Microsoft Technologies (MCSE), in particular, server infrastructure
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes
- A passion for video games
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.