Wireless Architecture and Design Research Scientist Job Description
At Intel Labs, this position for Wireless Architecture and Design Research Scientist is responsible for algorithm, simulation, optimization and architecture design for End-to-end wireless communication architecture and solution targeting for future vertical wireless communication markets. The selected candidate will work hands-on on algorithms, signal processing, optimization, performance, architectural trade-offs, as well as network protocol simulation and design for multiple communication and connectivity technologies and standards i.e. 5G, LTE, or WiFi and several aspects of best-in-class communication system design. Participates in development of intellectual property, coordinates inter-departmental research efforts, work with Business Unit partners to shape the research agenda and transfer technologies to products.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and drive efficient signal processing algorithm or network protocol design, optimization, simulation and functional specifications for communication and connectivity system and/or sub-systems with emphasis on differentiation, scalability, re-usability and time to market.
- Collaborate with business units to analyze future communication and connectivity requirements, protocol and algorithm, architectural and/or End-to-end network concepts with differentiating features and efficient solution.
- Hands-on experience on Baseband/MAC/network design and/or end-to-end network architecture.
- Work with other Baseband/MAC/Network layer design teams, and design or develop function, simulation and data analysis, power/performance models to evaluate algorithm and architectural trade-offs associated with cost and performance.
- Prefer the candidate possess both algorithm and architecture background and experience, with hands on expertise and experience in one of the following areas: General network modeling and programming software development experience, OR HW/SW integration to build end-to-end systems.
- Able to plan and achieve aggressive technical and schedule goals
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to influence others through technical expertise
- Able to make technical tradeoff decisions at the hardware, software and system design levels
- Good collaboration ability and desire to work as a team player
- Able to plan and coordinate team activities to achieve aggressive technical and schedule goals
- This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.Minimum Requirements:
- Must have Ph.D degree and knowledge and skill in wireless system development for complex wireless technologies.
- 1 ( ) year of technical expertise with successful completion of algorithms and implementation or proof-of-concept design
- 1 ( ) year of experience in system and/or SOC include algorithm, simulation, architecture, feature evaluation, signal processing and optimization, HW/SW integration, troubleshooting.
- 1 ( ) years of experience of in-depth knowledge of more than one wireless technologies such as emerging 5G, LTE, or Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, GNSS, Satellite communication.
Inside this Business Group
- Knowledge with sensors integration, efficient audio and video subsystem, or expertise in wireless systems integration, validation and trial.
- Vehicle-to-vehicle communication, ad-hoc network, and information-centric network.
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.