Wireless Architecture and Design Research Scientist Job Description
At Intel Labs, this position for Wireless Architecture Design Research Scientist is responsible for designing algorithm, simulation, optimization and architecture design for power efficient wireless communication signal processing and architecture targeting for future generation of wireless system or SoCs.
Candidate will work hands-on on algorithms, signal processing, optimization, performance, architectural trade-offs, as well as protocol simulation and design for multiple communication and connectivity technologies and standards i.e. 5G, LTE, or WiFi and several aspects of best-in-class communication system design. Participates in development of intellectual property, coordinates inter-departmental research efforts, work with Business Unit partners to shape the research agenda and transfer technologies to products.Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate would exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Develop and drive efficient signal processing algorithm, optimization, simulation and functional specifications for communication and connectivity system and/or sub-systems with emphasis on differentiation, scalability, re-usability and time to market.
- Collaborate with business units to analyze future communication and connectivity requirements, protocol and algorithm, architectural and/or SoC concepts with differentiating features and efficient solution.
- Hands-on experience on Baseband/MAC design and/or upper layer on device and/or infrastructure side.
- Work with other MAC / PHY and/or upper layer design teams, and design or develop function, simulation and data analysis, power/performance models to evaluate algorithm and architectural trade-offs associated with cost and performance.
- Work with design teams to evaluate design options and associated tradeoffs
- Able to plan and achieve aggressive technical and schedule goals.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Able to influence others through technical expertise.
- Able to make technical tradeoff decisions at the hardware, software and system design levels -
- Good collaboration ability and desire to work as a team player.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/ or work experience. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
- The candidate must have a PhD degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent with focus on system or chipset development for power efficient wireless technologies.
Minimum 1 year of experience in the following:
- Algorithms implementation or proof-of-concept design.
- Signal processing and optimization and troubleshooting.
- Hardware or software.
- More than one wireless technologies such as emerging 5G, LTE, or Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, GNSS, NFC.
Inside this Business Group
- Knowledge with power efficient design, sensors integration, efficient audio and video subsystem, or power management subsystems.
- Device-device communication.
- Algorithm and architecture background and experience, with hands on expertise and experience in one of the following areas: General modeling and programming DSP/certain processor programming, OR hardware Logic design and RTL development, or FPGA emulation and prototyping of key design IP, System and/or SoC.
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.Other Locations
California, Santa Clara; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.