Data Mediation systems provide VzW enterprise-wide, near real-time collection, mediation and distribution of all network billing and usage detail records to subscribed VzW systems including billing, customer care and revenue assurance.
The Technician - Systems position is responsible for the advanced operations and maintenance support of the enterprise wide production Verizon Wireless Data Mediation systems and applications.
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier production support for Data Mediation applications and servers
- Respond to, research and resolve trouble tickets, system alarms, production issues - determining severity and effect repair and resolution. Execute appropriate response actions quickly and effectively to production systems
- Provide data validation and analysis of Call Detail and Usage Records from various network elements (Lucent AMA, Nortel, Lucent SMSC, AAA, MMSC and IMS core services); research missing usage and call detail records
- Troubleshoot various mediation applications and systems.
- Ensure quality customer service and provide support to a varied user community
- Maintain system environments, scripts, and mediation configuration changes
- Research problems and support other data mediation groups, other internal VZW groups and vendors
- Prioritizes, and manages the work activities relevant to areas of responsibility
- Perform his/her duties with minimum supervision
- Participate in cross-functional projects as required
- On-call rotation duties and after hours shift work required
- Minimum Associates degree, 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 3 years of experience in the telephony industry, preferably with wireless carriers.
- At least 3 years of experience with the UNIX operating system, preferably on SUN or Linux platforms.
- Experience with shell, AWK, SED and other common system functions.
- Preferred knowledge and understanding of the contents of billing Call Detail Records from various network elements.
- Preferred, at least 3-years of experience with the mediation systems, such as Openet Fusionworks or other vendor mediation systems.
- Basic knowledge on LAN/WAN protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.