The Wireless Real Estate Specialist is responsible for daily decision making and task/project management to ensure that assigned projects are completed within stated timelines. Work may involve selecting site candidates and supervising third party vendors in performing due diligence studies, negotiating leases or amendments, and obtaining governmental approvals and permits. They are expected to work largely unsupervised and effectively prioritize multiple competing projects. Ability to interact with other departments, landlords, community officials, consultants and outside legal counsel to resolve site development issues, including the ability to identify gating items, clearly describe the situation including options and suggested solutions, and drive to the best solution.
This position has project and property management responsibility for the development and modification of wireless telecom facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Receives information on potential site locations. Analyzes information to determine viability of site and/or design, compliance with Company and legal standards and eliminates any candidate sites that create risk for the Company, or drive for best mod design with consideration to Network performance, rent impact, and overall costs.
- After a design is chosen, or site is selected, this position manages vendors on every step of the mod or acquisition process: e.g., lease negotiation, zoning approval process, title review, National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) and State Historic Preservation Organization (SHPO), etc.
- Interacts with other Company departments, Landlords, community officials, consultants, and outside legal counsel to resolve site development, property management issues.
- Duties may include a combination of the following: Review and interpret site lease and vendor contracts/legal documents to ensure compliance, coordinate and analyze title commitments, recorded documents, bonds and insurance certificates.
- Interfaces with local, state and/or federal employees regarding land use and building entitlements. At times, represents Company at zoning hearings.
- Interfaces with Company Headquarters Regulatory Department to obtain Construction and In-service approvals, and clear any discrepancies on new and/or existing sites
- Develop business cases for site acquisition based on legal review of the proposed lease. Routes the business case and ensures all proper approvals are obtained.
- Communicates, verbally and in writing, with landlords to resolve any disputes or clarify lease interpretations.
- Manages the above processes for modifications and additions, and third party co-locations to existing sites.
- Project manages vendors to ensure all parties meet established time frames.
- Creates, receives, processes and manages purchase orders associated to the real estate aspects of site acquisitions/modifications. Make certain that costs are within budgetary constraints. Manages vendors’ invoicing against pay-points delivered. Assists other employees on special requests such as team Match Exceptions, Open Commit Not Received reports, etc.
- Maintain and update database systems and/or reports pertaining to existing and new cellular site deployment projects.
- Assist with special projects as they come up. These may include but not be limited to audits, scoping for special projects, assisting other departments, vendors and landlords with RE requests, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.