What you’ll be doing...
- Project manage multiple real estate projects (new build macros, COWs, temporary sites, and MW hops) for assigned markets in support of regional goals.
- Manage third party vendors to include but not limited to, site acquisition, outside legal counsel, environmental consultants, surveyors,and zoning/permitting consultants.
- Interpret real estate contracts and lease package documents such as Deal Memos, Risk Assessment Letters, Environmental Reports, Chain of Titles, and FAA/FCC data to ensure compliance with VZW policies/standards and Master Lease Agreements.
- Work closely with Area and HQ Real Estate Teams for directives on acceptable deviations of lease provisions from the standard pro forma.
- Review and analyze Engineering Analysis associated with structural integrity of cell towers and understand results of reports.
- Recommend to RF and construction teams the safety guidelines based on structural specifications.
- Negotiate Lease Agreements and/or Amendments including auxiliary Agreements such as Access and Utility Easements.
- Evaluate contract terms, rental amounts and certain lease provisions to ensure VZW’s interests are protected.
- Confirm compliance with all Regulatory guidelines for all assigned Projects by following established policies and procedures and assist Regulatory Team with filing, tracking, and submitting FAA/FCC documents for Regulatory Construction and In-Service approvals.
- Enter required information in various databases applicable to the cell build, such as, but not limited to, EMIS, Siterra, and EnSite.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to resolve issues related to local, county, and state jurisdictions regarding land uses such as zoning and permitting.
- Maintain capital spending for all assigned projects within budgeted forecasts and provide regular reports on current and projected spending.
- Create, maintain, and receive on purchase orders related to site activities using PeopleSoft.
- Sustain open and ongoing communication with internal and external teams including RF Design, Regulatory, and Systems Performance, Operations, Outside Counsel, Engineering Firms, and Professional Expert Consultants.
- Support Project Management team by attending weekly status meetings and providing updates on assigned projects.
- Facilitate weekly meetings with vendor to assess project status, identify deficiencies, and resolve issues.
- Ensure deliverables are timely and meet deadlines.
- Maintain project tracker and provide weekly reports.
- Provide support to on-going written program development of processes and procedures.
- Develop annual goals and objectives.
- Assist with deal memo/lease package routing for execution.
- Provide back up support for answering regional email boxes.
- Assist with document upload into various databases.
- Utilize the AirSpace tool to evaluate FAA/ASR requirements via the shared email box.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate degree of three or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Wireless network real estate experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, telecommunications, or project management.
- Five or more years Contracts knowledge of legal and financial terms and ability to understand and interpret contracts.
- Five or more years Real Estate or Land Development to include property management, lease preparation, lease negotiations, lease review, environment due diligence, site acquisition, zoning, permitting, and title work.
- Experience with known Wireless industry vendors/tower companies such as Crown Castle, American Tower, SBA, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with state and local land use and zoning procedures.
- Ability to quickly prioritize tasks and provide quick, accurate, and effective results in an extremely fast-paced and demanding environment with aggressive goals.
- Capacity to work under tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Team player attitude.
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications networks and RF specifications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Solid project management expertise.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel knowledge.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.