Service Engineer 2
The Microsoft Consumer Sales & Marketing Engineering team is a multi-channel Retail Technology organization, which showcases Microsoft technology by transforming the Windows PC, Software, Gaming and Mobile device buying experience. We are responsible for the agile delivery of innovative, multi-channel solutions for the Microsoft Retail Stores including our Online and physical Brick and Mortar locations. As we continue to release ground breaking products, the Microsoft store will continue to be at the center of the company’s consumer sales efforts.
The Hardware, Infrastructure and Network Engineering team, part of the Consumer Sales & Marketing Engineering team, is looking for a highly-motivated Engineer to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for our global wireless network that connects over 100 physical stores, 3 data centers as well our Azure Cloud. This position will have strong influence in the strategic direction our wireless networks both technically and from a support process stand point.
This is a high visibility position that requires frequent contact with Directors within Microsoft, as well as regular contact with managers and key business partners across Retail. As such, the successful candidate is a dynamic leader with a track record of developing strong wireless solutions, building effective relationships and having impact and influence across teams.
The ideal candidate must be a network engineer that is able to demonstrate a history of successful customer service, deep technology understanding in wireless, and operational support.
Primary Job Functions / Activities
• Become the technical expert in wireless technologies (e.g. Wireless Spectrum Management)
• Build, test and execute on Retail’s technical strategy, providing best in class wireless experiences
• Create and maintain design and installation documentation
• Solve hard problems that span technologies, development models, testing, and other areas
• Drive proof of concept activities with a hands-on approach
• Drive the resolution of critical cross-group technical issues
• Creates design options for feature areas that enable scenarios related to network mobility
• Build effective relationships with engineering leaders, associates in the retail stores, and our design and production partners
• Ensures that feature areas deliver the expected value to the customer and meet business objectives to Microsoft
• Creates, evolves, and communicates specifications for feature areas
• Exceptional collaboration skills; both internal and external to the immediate team as well as across disciplines
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal; including the presentations to both small and medium sized audiences
• - Drive stability and deployment efficiencies through service improvement programs Strong drive for results
• Ability to influence for impact, both on project directly owned as well as projects that the team is a contributor to
• Embodies “Technical Excellence” in day to day activities
• 7+ years of service or network engineering experience with strong analytical problem solving
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience integrating wireless connectivity with Private, Hybrid, and Public Cloud solutions
• 7+ years of large network enterprise experience
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP Wireless Certification
• Experience with Cisco Management tools of PRIME, Cisco Security Manager, Cisco Mobility Services Engine, and Identity Services Engine
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Online with Agile
• 3-5 years experience in spectrum management for wireless, including tuning and performance expertise
• 3-5 years experience in IDS/IPS products and integration
• Experience with Windows Client Network Troubleshooting including protocol bindings, network settings, routing and the use of WireShark and Ekahau.
• Maintaining network compliance with SOX/PCI requirements as well as auditing the network for adherence to engineering standards.
• Expertise in PowerShell scripting to deploy, configure, and automate network services and components
• Calm under Pressure - The ability to engage in critical Service impacting Network events and help drive mitigation, Root cause analysis and long-term remediation solutions.
• Working knowledge of design, configuration and lifecycle management of IT solutions
• Highly preferred: Cisco CCIE Wireless certification (or equivalent certification)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.