Wireless System Engineer - KPI 0ptimization
Are you passionate about wireless communications, getting things not just working but making a best-in-class product?
In our team you will be work as Systems Engineer with focus on optimizing the performance of Intel cellular modem, driving the competitiveness of our full platform portfolio, working hand-by-hand with Tier-1 customers to gather requirements and help resolve issues found in the lab and live networks.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Work with development and customer programs in closing performance gaps relative to requirements
- Set and track end-to-end modem performance requirements, drive innovation for performance improvements influencing product road map
- Log analysis from lab and field tests from target and reference devices
- Analysis of 3GPP physical layer requirements e.g. Rel12, Rel13, Rel14, etc.
- Modeling of wireless transmission systems and simulation of a complete transceiver system, focusing on LTE algorithm
- Definition of HW/FW split in product implementation, including definition of acceleration units and hw/fw architecture
- Performance evaluation of mobile receiver algorithms via link level simulations
- Create white papers, technical specifications, requirements documents- Increase Intel IP portfolio
- The candidate must possess a Master and 3 years of hands-on experience, demonstrated to deliver outstanding results with innovative problem solving capabilities OR a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science with 0 years of work experience
-Knowledge: wireless radio access technologies primarily LTE, systems engineering, modem architecture, hardware and software performance simulation
-In-depth Cellular Systems knowledge of PHY layer algorithm simulation OFDM based systems for demodulation and link adaptation
- Focus on both, LTE-TDD and FDD -3GPP Standards know-how on LTE PHY Architecture and Performance requirements for Simulation RAN2 and Certification RAN5, performance part
- Ability to validate and enhance/define
Performance tests based on Cellular Multi-Mode network simulators CMW, Anritsu
- Ability and interest to debug 'real-world' LTE Modem Performance issues based on UE logs
- Knowledge in state-of-the-art simulation environments based Matlab, C/C and in tooling/scripting Python, Perl
-Good understanding of Cellular Modem Performance in Interaction with Cellular Network infrastructure for LTE Tput and Mobility
- Readiness to travel internationally up to 10%
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
-Track record in proven contributor in a team of modem engineers
- Good foundation in Layer2/3 of Cellular Standards MAC/RLC/RRC/PDCP-UMTS/LTE cellular modem design fine-tuning, and optimization, including tooling and scripting for analysis and troubleshooting
- Ability to present complex technical ideas and results to multi-level internal and external audience
- Familiar with change control and release management
Inside this Business Group
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.