Job Description: As part of the Next Generation and Standards (NGS) group, we are looking for Systems Engineers to join 5G Mobile Wireless Technology Development at Intel. In this position, you will be working as part of the NGS Team to Lead Architecture Design and Innovation towards the Next Generation Radio Access Network (RAN) for LTE-Advanced and beyond standards.
We are seeking candidates at different levels. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing Link-Level Simulation Tools
- Design and Development of advanced PHY and MAC Algorithms
- Architect and Design advanced Wireless Physical Layer (PHY) Air Interface for Next Generation (beyond LTE) Standards
- Drive Innovation and Technical Contributions to improve the Standards (including at 3GPP)
- Support Prototyping/Product Development efforts towards building a Next-Generation Wireless System.
- PhD EE or CS with at least 5 years of Industry Experience OR MS EE or CS with at least 7 years of Industry Experience.
- 5 years of Solid understanding of Digital Wireless Communication Systems, Estimation Theory, Detection Theory, Coding Theory, Information Theory and Discrete-Time Signal Processing.
- 4 years of experience in C/C Programming.
- 4 years of experience with Developing Architecture and Algorithms for 4G Wireless Systems such as 3GPP LTE or WiMAX.
- 4 years of experience with PHY/MAC Simulation using C, C , Matlab.
- 4 years of experience in Fixed-Point Design, HW/SW Partitioning and Micro-Architecture Design.
- 4 years of experience working with HW Teams in conducting RTL Functional Verification and HW Validation.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent Analytical and Research Skills.
- Experience in Scripting and Automation Tools (Perl/TCL) .
- Familiarity with LTE Physical Layer, MAC and RRC Specifications .
- Lab experience with Test Equipment including Logic Analyzer, Vector Signal Analyzer, Signal Generators and Wireless Device Test Sets (Agilent, Rhode-Schwarz, etc.)
- Working in a Unix Environment with Batch Job Submissions on Compute Clusters.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.