Wireless Systems Engineer Job Description
Wireless systems engineers at Intel are at the core of creating new technology that will push the boundaries of cellular communications. They draw on multiple information sources and collaborate with industry leaders and people of diverse backgrounds from around the world to generate solutions that meet or exceed our customers' expectations-and they do it faster than ever.
As part of Intel's iCDG PHY Systems/Algorithms team, you will work on the definition, design and numerical analysis of receiver algorithms to be integrated in the upcoming 5G baseband products. This includes:
- Analyzing 3GPP technical specifications to formulate detailed algorithm requirements
- Designing and implementing complex PHY algorithms within link-level simulators
- Participating to large numerical studies aimed at characterizing the performance of different PHY algorithms in specific use cases
- Engaging directly with HW teams to derive computationally efficient mappings of the proposed algorithms to given HW architecture
- Growing, maintaining and extending the link-level simulators used to characterize the performance of PHY algorithms
- Documenting requirements, proposed algorithms and findings from numerical studies for discussion with management and HW team
PhD degree from an accredited course of study in electrical engineering or computer science.
- Exceptional theoretical and conceptual understanding of digital wireless communication systems, adaptive signal processing, and estimation and detection theory
- Experience with link-level simulations in MATLAB and/or C/C
- Demonstrated strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Communication and collaborative teamwork skills
- 2-3 years of industry experience in algorithm design and/or simulation for 4G/5G wireless systems
- Cellular systems experience (LTE/LTE-A/5G)
#icdgInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.