Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
The Catering Admin Position assists in all areas of the catering department, but focuses on ensuring event information is distributed quickly and concisely throughout the department. They must be able to read and input Banquet Event Orders, answer policy, billing, and menu questions. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develops and is accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt. Directly supervises catering operations including such duties as coordination of staff and rental equipment, set-up, preparation, service, and break down of catered foods, beverages, and events of varying size and complexity.
- Booking of events, selecting and costing menu items, and pricing as needed.
- Coordinates activities with other internal departments.
- Facilitate external customer relations; represents Aramark and the client at any and all meetings and events.
- Ensures that appropriate sanitation, organization, and safety standards are met through the use of checklists, hands-on supervision, and follow-up.
- Participates in all catering training programs; helps to develop and implement training programs for hourly, part-time, and student employees.
- Aid in implementation and adherence to all Aramark OpX Catering initiatives and guidelines.
- Prior experience with booking of events preferred.
- Must be able to work weekends and nights as needed.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull 35 pounds as needed.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.