INTERNSHIP PROGRAM SUMMARYWe offer opportunities to students who are motivated and eager to learn about and gain valuable experience in the broadcast environment. The following is a list of subject areas where interns may help plan, execute and coordinate various aspects of news media:
Candidates for internships MUST:
- Video Editing: Interns will shadow video editors learning every angle of the job. Depending on skill level, interns may have the opportunity to edit reporter packages for air.
- Technical Operations: Interns will mix audio, set up studio sets, operate robotic cameras and still store, call up teleprompter scripts, and provide lighting support.
- ENG: Interns will work with the ENG Assistants to organize and maintain the cameras and other support gear for the field crews. They will also occasionally work to support field crews and live trucks on remote shoots.
- Engineering: Interns will work with engineers on upgrades, installations and maintenance of broadcast equipment and software (including production control rooms, edit suites and master controls.) Interns will also help engineering staff document changes made on any transmission path. Candidates with knowledge of IT and Systems Integrations preferred.
Coursework or previous internship experience in communications, journalism or related field is preferred.
- Receive academic credit
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Maintain a professional appearance, be enthusiastic and have a demonstrated interest in the industry.
- Be able to commit to 16-24 hours per week.
- This is an UNPAID INTERNSHIP.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.APPLICATION PROCEDURESInterested students MUST complete the online application at https://jobs.spectrum.com/. To be considered applicants MUST list the position or positions they are interested in obtaining and rationale for selecting this/these area(s) in a cover letter which should be uploaded as part of the SAME DOCUMENT as their resume. Charter supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.