We are seeking a Workday Technical Expert - IT Business Applications Senior Associate (SA) to partner with the Financial Systems Manager responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution for technology needs of the Accounting and Finance Departments. This role includes support and maintenance of our Workday implementation and development of new technical solutions. Type of Role:
- Administer and maintain the company's financial and HR information systems (Workday and custom-built applications/integrations). Responsible for planning, requirements gathering, and implementing new functionality, modules or systems.
- Required expertise in financial systems implementation, and systems integration.
- Participate in the development and rollout of company policies and document processes as they relate to our accounting, finance and HR computer systems.
- Build and maintain relationships between IT and its business partners in Finance and HR.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Report to the Financial Systems Manager, assist large and dispersed project teams and be accountable for own work product.
- Recommend standards, methodologies and techniques around software development and quality assurance.
- Assist in establishing policies and procedures and implement best practices.
- Recommend innovative solutions and best practices to solve complex or non-standard problems.
- Implement IT standards and strategies.
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provide documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to function independently, receiving high-level and/or strategic guidance from IT leadership or business leadership; able to self-direct, plan and execute work items and project tasks.
- Partner with managers, supervisors, professional employees and/or contractors.
- 6+ years hands-on experience building and supporting Workday and other industry leading ERP software suites (e.g. SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc.) in a mid to large size company.
- Strong subject matter knowledge in configuring and managing Financial ERP applications.
- 6+ years of software integration experience.
- Capable of managing multiple work streams whilst partnering with several teams.
- Team player able to work well with business teams and other IT teams.
Behaviors / Competencies:
- Implement and support business critical application software.
- Ability to recommend solutions to problems and align those solutions with business priorities.
- Participate in Q/A activities, including test strategies, test plan creation and test execution.
- Contribute to the execution of the technical roadmap of key programs and product initiatives.
- Improve the IT team's technical capabilities by establishing and adhering to best practices.
- Manage the appropriate computing environments for the development and test teams to ensure the teams are using the correct tools and environments.
- Ensure that software and products meet and exceed internal standards and customer expectations.
- Assist with researching and navigating new vendor products and identifying what products are needed to address/fix application issues.
(note: bolded behaviors are those prioritized for development focus)
- Creativity & Innovation
- Critical Thinking
- Oral Communication
- Customer Focus
- Knowing the Business
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.