Administers the workers' compensation process for all Service and Systems US and Canadian branches from the reporting and documentation of work-related incidents and injuries to the application of measures to contain the cost of claims where appropriate, at the direction of JCI business efficiency' Workers' Compensation Managers. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Documents work-related injury incidents in EHSIS as they are telephone-reported by the BSNA field organization.
- Completes/submits the province-specific forms for each Canadian claim to the corresponding workers' compensation boards within the time specified.
- Communicates with the injured employee's supervisor. Receives incident information and determines if there are red flags relative to the incident, claim, or the employee.
- Reports incidents to the corresponding Regional Safety Representative and EHS Area Leader.
- Work with the Workers' Compensation Managers to determine classification for each incident based on the information received in conjunction with the OSHA recordkeeping criteria and documents rationale in EHSIS.
- Tracks and documents open medical only claims in the EHSIS system. Also updates the status of open claims in the system as needed or directed.
- Where directed by the workers' compensation manager, acts as a liaison between the Company and the injured employee, the treating doctor, and the third party administrators (TPA) or the corresponding provincial workers' compensation boards.
- Where directed by the workers' compensation manager, maintains communication with the injured employee, team leader, and TPA throughout the life of an incident.
- Documents all communications/information in the EHSIS system related to an incident or injury claim (incident information, investigation, medical treatment, employee and TPA conversations, etc.), communicates all information and status with the third party claims administrator, and manage all claims to closure.
- Provides claim status reports on a regular basis to the Workers' Compensation Managers and EHS Managers as needed.
- Supports the Workers' Compensation Managers with assisting in identifying medical clinics, arranging for post-accident drug tests, and anything that is needed to assist in the management of claims.
- Run reports from the EHSIS and TPA systems and provides claim status reports on a regular basis to the Workers' Compensation Managers and EHS leaders
- Bachelors degree in Risk Management, Occupational Safety, General Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of workers' compensation case administration experience. 3+ years' experience is preferred
- Advanced Excel and Word applications and typing skills of 60 wpm.
- Overall competency with computers and related systems, software and internet
Ability to travel 5% to conduct workers' compensation process
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.