Worker's Compensation / Health & Safety Specialist
Adecco is currently searching for an experienced Worker's Compensation / Health & Safety Specialist for our client located in Foothill Ranch, CA. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity for the right candidate. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
Coordinates, administers, and oversees the Oakley's workers compensation program for manufacturing and distribution centers. Reviews, investigates, and makes decisions regarding OSHA recordabililty, WC compensability and appropriateness of claims. Processes and documents all workers compensation claims with third party administrator ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and legislation. Provides oversight health & safety programs.
• Reviews and evaluates all work-related accident reports for completeness and clarity of data; analyzes data, as needed, to ensure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements.
• Determines appropriateness and amount of worker's compensation claims; investigates individual claims for eligibility for workers' compensation benefits; ensures that all legal and procedural requirements are met for the processing of claims, in order to ensure proper and timely payment to employees and medical facilities.
• Works with Managers and Supervisors to evaluate opportunities for modified duty / Return to Work Program.
• Designs and implements training and orientation programs on incident reporting & investigation and Return to Work Programs.
• Coordinates with onsite temporary workforce agencies on incident investigations and status of injured employees.
• Works with Corporate WC Claim team in Mason, OH to provide input and facts regarding claims for cases pending litigation. Represents the client at Workers' Compensation Administration mediation and formal hearings; represents the client at trials and other mediations as requested.
• Communicates and interacts with medical professionals, support agencies and others to monitor and assess the progress of rehabilitation efforts, and to facilitate either return to work or, depending upon medical status of the claimant, placement into appropriate alternative positions within or outside the Oakley, ensuring compliance with all appropriate regulations and guidelines.
• Prepares all necessary forms, records and documentation, to include statistical analyses and reports, for all claims assigned, as required by various regulatory agencies including the OSHA 300 log and summary.
• Makes strategic recommendations for reducing the frequency and severity of losses. Performs data analyses, and prepares reports.
• Partner with Sr. Safety Specialist on Incident investigations to identify root causes and prevent recurrence.
• Oversight of part-time on-site ergonomist/physical therapist contractor.
• Partner with Ergonomist & Sr. Safety Specialist to conduct ergonomic risk assessments and work with department managers to implement corrective actions to minimize employee exposure to strains, sprains and repetitive motion injuries
• Oversight of the Audiometric testing, ergonomics and Spirometry programs.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a must. Must be able to read/write in Spanish.
• Minimum of 5-15 years of experience facilitating and managing WC & H&S programs in a manufacturing environment in California
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to document work in progress.
• Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
• Ability to provide legal depositions and testimony.
• Skill in conducting accident investigations.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Knowledge of process requirements of administrative hearings and litigation.
• Knowledge of data management systems and processes.
• Skill in developing and implementing return-to-work, modified duty programs.
• Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, policies and procedures within specialty area.
• Certification in Industrial Ergonomics a plus
• Must possess excellent computer skills
• Must possess ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization and cross-functional teams
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.