- Responsible for providing medical and disability case management services, which includes review and evaluation of Workers' Comp. claims for vocational and/or medical service delivery.
- Must work collaboratively with claims staff, injured worker, employer and health professionals to promote quality medical care and timely Return-To-Work (RTW) to achieve optimum, cost-effective medical and vocational outcomes.
- Requires assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating medical services and RTW options.
- Responsible for early intervention for lost time cases that are not categorized as High Exposure.
- Strictly telephonic and will focus on disability and medical management activities that result in a timely and sustained RTW.
- The Case Manager will be involved in the early stages of the injury process.
- The Case Manager will handle between 75-85 cases with a moderate degree of complexity and acuity of medical condition.
- Candidates will be well versed with the RTW program and is highly involved with medical management.
- You will participate in round tables, coordinate services and ongoing treatment.
- Registered nurse with a valid current license in appropriate jurisdiction(s) for Nurse Case Manager.
- Workers' Compensation case management experience strongly preferred
- 3 years clinical practice experience required in orthopedic, neurological, rehabilitation, medical/surgical or occupational health.
- Professional certification as a CCM (CDMS, CRC, CVE, and/or current CRRN) or willingness to pursue.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in a health-related field and licensure as a health professional preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Locations include: Southeast - AZ, LA, MS, TN, AL, GA, WV, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL. Western: OR, CA, NV, AZ, UT, MT, WY, CO, NM. Northeast: ME, VT, NH, NY, PA, DC, MA, RI, CT, NJ, DE, MD.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD