The Workers' Compensation High Exposure Claim Consultant is accountable to plan, recommend, reserve and execute the investigation, valuation, disposition and settlement of high exposure claims, greater than $100k, consistent with corporate claim settlement policies and procedures within statutory, regulatory and ethical requirements.
Successful incumbents will:
- Properly assess the indemnity and expense exposure of assigned claims.
- Manage the most complex work comp claims in the Western Work Comp Center.
- Plan, organize, establish priorities, anticipate problems, determine realistic completion dates, and communicate the status of claims.
- Evaluate, develop and assess national medical training programs using multiple media methods.
- Set appropriate and timely reserves.
- Maintain current knowledge of claim loss cost containment initiatives and utilize them appropriately in a manner consistent with company practices and procedures.
- Identify and initiate mitigation, subrogation, salvage and other recovery opportunities.
- Participate in file review.
- Maintain a heightened level of interaction relevant to our stakeholders; i.e. agents, brokers, policy holders.
- Complete status reports.
- Maintain a proactive role in Litigation management.
- Always demonstrate professionalism and establish credibility through interactions with customers to personally enhance The Hartford's reputation in the marketplace.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- California or Oregon Work Comp Claim handling experience required.
- College degree preferred or 5 years relevant work experience required
- Leader among claim handlers providing advanced expertise to teammates in solving problems.
- Strong computer proficiency in utilizing software programs.
- Achievement oriented by continually evaluating self-performance against performance targets to exceed expectations.
- Internal candidates must be certified in coverage and compensability or must complete the certification process within one year of being in position.
- Satisfactory completion of the candidate testing/certification process.
- Core Communication, Customer Focus and Talent DNA badges preferred for Current Claims Staff
This role reports into The Hartford's Western Workers' Compensation Claim Center, candidates must reside in Oregon.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD