Workflow & Document Management Lead
Company: Morgan Stanley
Location: New York, New York
Posted: October 28, 2017
Reference ID: 3100351
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services leader with three core businesses - Institutional Securities, Asset Management, and Global Wealth Management. Global Wealth Management is offered by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) franchise, which has one of the world's largest networks of Financial Advisors. This role is in the Morgan Stanley Field Operations organization. Field Operations encompasses a wide range of services and support designed to add value to our clients with a shared goal of serving the best interests of our branches and our clients.
Associate Vice President position will report to the lead officer, Executive Director of the Workflow and Document Management program and will work closely with various partners and stakeholders across Wealth Management to drive business process innovation and streamlining of the field services platform. Responsibilities include managing the Workflow Platform and helping govern and ensure standardization of new onboarding processes; while playing an active role in designing future workflow process reengineering and integration. This position will also lead document management initiatives and manage associated processing platforms (e.g., scanning). The position will also help drive initiatives and lead working groups to streamline and enhance both the Workflow and document management platforms in the field. Lastly, the position will work closely with stakeholders and partners (Field Services, WM Product areas, Operations, Technology, Legal/Risk/Compliance/Fraud Operations, Digital) in support of their efforts to enhance the service platform.
• Manage Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to deliver enhanced
and streamlined processes to our field services teams.
• Lead direct staff and partners across MSWM throughout various project life
cycles to ensure alignment and cohesiveness across the workflow platform
• Lead projects and drive branch operational workflow enhancements.
• Manage efforts to incorporate new technology capabilities onto the Workflow
• Deliver field marketing and communications across the broader WM
organization as it relates to the Workflow Platform portfolio and help drive
adoption of platform changes.
• Manage client document processes and platform capabilities and drive
efficiencies in this space.
• Perform other miscellaneous project leadership tasks as directed by head of
Workflow Platform team.
• Must be highly motivated and an independent leader with a strong work ethic
• Prior leadership and project management skills required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in both business and technical
• Strong analytical, process-oriented, problem-solving/issues-resolution skills.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow up skills
• Be able to work in a strong team and high activity environment where the
sharing of ideas and talents is encouraged and welcomed
• Ability to work independently in a multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
• Deep financial services experience preferred, but not required.
• WM background with branch operational reengineering experience preferred,
but not required
• BA or BS preferred, but not required.
• Series 7 preferred, but not required.