Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for performing the day-to-day operations of commercial insertion to ensure the high quality airing of commercials with high run rates and minimized down time. Processes received tapes for encoding and tape continuity.
- Monitors the audio and video on commercials/avails to ensure broadcasting quality.
- Maintains tape library and data base files
- Troubleshoots the Wide Area Network on issues of connectivity.
- Distributes schedules to all markets.
- Dubs tapes for clients, Account Executives, Marketing, etc.
- Modifies traffic instruction on insertion equipment for live events to ensure successful billing.
- Creates cue tone reports to determine the best day-part configurations for all networks.
- Communicates regularly with sales and traffic departments to make sure tape is received and aired.
- Responds immediately to down time in systems.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
- 3-5 years experience proficiently using Microsoft products including Excel
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Well-organized and driven to meet goals
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer