Job Location: United States : Rhode Island : Warwick Alternate Job Location : United States : North Carolina : Charlotte || United States : Ohio : Dayton || United States : Oklahoma : Tulsa
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Workforce Forecasting and Financial Planning Analyst to join a growing Resource Optimization Center (ROC) which supports MetLife’s Customer Solutions Center organization. The role of the Workforce Forecasting and Financial Planning Analyst is to actively manage the forecast and staffing plan to maximize efficiency and achieve service level goals, while meeting the financial budget across a multi-site call center environment. This position is responsible maintaining long-term volume forecasts and staffing plans which leverage both WFM software and excel forecasting models with integrated financials. The ideal candidate will apply advanced forecasting techniques including regression analysis and the use of correlation coefficients to model variable business scenarios, drive forecast accuracy, improve staffing efficiency and provide forward-looking guidance to financial performance. This position will report to the leader of workforce management, but will act as a liaison to call center leadership for all WFM activities, including scheduling and intraday performance management. This position is instrumental in driving both operational efficiency and customer experience in MetLife’s CSC organization.
- Maintain short-term and long-term forecast models for MetLife’s internal and external Contact Center staffing needs.
- Prepare comprehensive analytical & statistical reports on workforce trends
- Collect, process and analyze data and information sources which influence volume, handle time or shrink, including business drivers, channel trends (IVR, online, chat), vendor performance trends, hiring effectiveness and other variables which impact workload or staffing supply
- Create analysis that bridges forecast analysis with financial analysis.
- Collaborates with Financial and Operational teams to align Contact Center requirements with budget.
- Articulate reasons for forecast variance and drive recommendations for change to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness
- Identify and develop relationships with support organizations to determine drivers and build processes to ensure proper communication and input into models.
- Forecast workforce requirements for new programs to determine costs and evaluate feasibility. Includes determining the impact to staffing, call handle time and training requirements.
- Leverages industry best practices to accurately define problems, generate alternatives and implement solutions that permanently resolve scheduling and forecasting problems by addressing their root cause
- Creates and manipulates spreadsheets with advanced formula application - advanced Excel
- Work closely with Real-time and scheduling teams as critical liaison to business, ensuring proper hand off and feedback loop in place.
- Provide SME knowledge regarding forecasting and scheduling topics.
- Broad knowledge of inbound contact center environments.
- 8-10 years of WFM related experience with 5 years previous forecasting experience.
- Experience operating a workforce team in a high-volume call center.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to work effectively as a leader in a group of peers.
- Forecasting mindset; open mind, careful, curious, focus and self-critical
- Experience working with probabilistic models
- Experience in advanced trend analysis and expert knowledge leveraging advanced statistical techniques to provide recommendations and actions which drive key business decisions,
- Strong knowledge of NICE IEX or comparable WFM systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- High level of comfort communicating with executive leadership.
- In-depth understanding of vendor lock models, variable staffing requirements and cost-benefit analysis in various traffic sharing scenarios
- Proven experience integrating workforce models with integrated financials
- Experience integrating traditional call center forecast models with data from external sources including technology performance (IVRs, application performance, collision calendars, etc)
- Ability to analyze data and develop action plans to address identified needs.
- Ability to network and influence cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Experience developing and implementing staffing plans in a multi-site, multi-skill contact center environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and listening).
- 4-year college degree preferred
Workforce Planning- Customer Solutions Center
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 53521
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.