Job Location: Cary, NC
A candidate has been identified for this role.
The workforce planning role has the unique opportunity to help shape the future of RAD (Regional Application Development) within MetLife. This candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic workforce plan as well as operationalizing the plan across the globe. The workforce planner will address staffing needs by working with various stakeholders including finance, HR, recruiting, and executive leadership. This individual will be responsible for capacity and demand management working across a large matrixed organization. The Work Force Planner will touch all phases of talent management from forecasting, recruiting, and skills development. This position will generate reports, analyzing relevant information and presenting to stakeholders of all backgrounds and levels (line managers to the officers of RAD).
- Gain an excellent understanding of the Enterprise Strategic plan and global workforce requirements.
- Develop a Global Strategic Workforce Planning strategy and approach
- Create, communicate and operate an annual and long range Global workforce plan
- Work with the IT Partner community to integrate workforce planning goals and concepts across Regional Application Development globally
- Collaborate with IT Partner community to identify and select technology tools associated with Strategic Workforce Planning (Capacity & Demand mgmt.)
- Design and implement management tools to optimize Workforce Planning; manager dashboards, reporting and trending
- Lead the analysis of the Workforce Plan and identify skills/competency requirements and critical skill gaps across the organization
- Develop Workforce Planning scenarios, collaborating with HR Partners, Talent and Succession, Talent Acquisition and Global Leadership and Learning to identify talent gaps and develop strategies to address organizational needs.
- Mobilize and measure the efforts around workforce planning goals
- Provide the subject matter expertise in developing global talent metrics and predictive analytics
- Develop and deliver presentations to Sr. Leadership and key stakeholders on workforce trends and metrics that impact business outcomes
- Be recognized as the subject matter expert globally for Strategic Workforce Planning, providing thought leadership to the development of world-class workforce planning discipline.
- Identify and track the value of service and productivity improvements
- 4 + years of proficient experience in Microsoft Office Suite; specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- 3-5 Years of professional experience
- Strong Verbal and Communication skills a must
- Prefer: Bachelor’s Degree within a quantitative discipline; statistics, economics, finance or industrial/ organizational psychology. HR related Master’s degree or MBA nice to have.
- 5-10 years’ operating in a similar position with 3 years of experience in Workforce Planning and headcount forecasting/financial budgets
- Experience in developing and utilizing predictive analytics and statistical modeling is a plus.
- Expertise in talent management processes highly desirable
- Prefer Excellent project management skills.
- Experience leveraging HR Systems/technology to create workforce analytics and metrics
- Ideally, good knowledge of applicable employment laws and regulations globally
Regional Application Development – Planning & Effectiveness
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 48021
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.