Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionWorkplace Operations Manager, PleasantonJoin our team and experience Workday!
The Real Estate & Workplace team creates and continuously improves Workday's productive and safe environments while supporting our core values and distinction as a great place to work. With this critical contribution to the company in mind, we partner with other Workday departments such as People & Purpose, IT and Finance to ensure that we are successful in delivering on this ultimate goal! We take care of all things "space" - programming new locations, delivering and managing them - everything from keeping our offices looking great to functioning well, safely and securely to ordering the snacks that our employees love! Job Description
Workday is looking for someone who is experienced, flexible, reliable, outgoing, professional, and has a positive work attitude.
As the Workplace Operations Manager you will oversee the service and maintenance of our approximately 900,000 sf in Pleasanton. You will work closely with all departments to ensure we are working towards our company standards, while maintaining our Workday culture and ensuring a positive employees experience. Our goal is to provide office spaces that are wonderfully productive environments to the Workday team and our guests!
You will lead the Pleasanton team, with 6 full-time employees and growing. You will provide effective operations along with maximizing usage of our facilities and amenities. This position interacts with all levels of management. Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
You will perform a critical role as a member of the Real Estate & Workplace (REW) team. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Workplace Operations, based in our Pleasanton office.
Skills and Experience
- Lead and manage a high performing team of specialists and workplace coordinators in Pleasanton. Responsibilities include hiring and professional development of the team, coaching them to consistently practice Workday's core values.
- Develop staffing plans and ensure that organizational structure supports the offices at a consistently high service level.
- Establish operational objectives to ensure effective management of the offices. Collaborate with other Workplace management team members to ensure standards are consistent.
- Establish and control operational budgets of approximate 3.5 million for Pleasanton operations.
- Administer and manage schedules to ensure the team has all preventative maintenance plans in place to assist with maintaining our equipment and facility while maintaining our budget plan.
- Develop and maintain a process in which the service requests are effectively and expeditiously handled by team members. Work closely with property managers to ensure that the service to leased buildings is in keeping with Workday standards and contractual obligations.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and contractors (e.g. janitorial, amenity providers), establishing quality standards and ensuring that they are followed.
- Interact on all levels to ensure small projects and furniture procurement projects are delivered as planned, including budget and schedule.
- Review surveys and provide effective responses for space openings with quarterly check-ins to ensure we are listening to the needs of our workmates.
- Minimum 7 years of facilities/workplace management experience, preferably in a fast-paced, professional setting.
- Exceptional people management skills.
- Experience managing day-to-day workplace operations.
- Skilled in planning and budgeting.
- Ability to do cost analysis and negotiate with vendors.
- Ability to prepare reports and data analysis.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work well with all levels in the organization - from front line employees and contractors through upper management.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and positive personality.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in team situations.
- Proficient knowledge of computers and technology, including MSOffice Suite, Google Drive and Docs.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.