WORKPLACE SITE MANAGER - CHICAGO
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn s Global Workplace Services organization is responsible for designing and delivering facilities and services that reflect LinkedIn s culture to create an environment where people love to come to work, interact with their colleagues, and deliver exceptional results. We are looking for an exceptional individual that has experience leading workplace operations (inclusive of facility & property management, food service, office services, physical security, project management, space management, and events) in a high-growth facility. The Workplace Site Manager - Chicago
reports to the Americas Workplace Leader and contributes to Workplace initiatives across the region. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and delivery of all workplace services at LinkedIn s Chicago location.
- Lead a wide range of programs including facility management, space planning, reception operations, physical security, catering operations, events, and transportation, through a distributed team of partners and personnel.
- Develop and manage operating budget; proactively manage variances and manage within budget constraints.
- Understand local team s business strategies and priorities and translate them to Workplace requirements that directly support the business, with the objective to deliver necessary space and services proactively.
- Inspire LinkedIn teams to work together towards productive, responsible utilization of space and resources that support LinkedIn s business requirements, mission, and culture.
- Responsible for representing local priorities to internal Workplace partners, collaborating with LinkedIn s global design, real estate, and functional program teams to ensure strategies and programs are the right fit for Chicago.
- Accountable for making guests and employees feel like the Chicago office is a unique, welcoming, and efficient place to work and visit.
- Liaise with IT, HR, Finance and Procurement to ensure that Workplace objectives are supported; operate as liaison for all Workplace objectives & commitments locally.
- Oversee the efficient delivery of services with detailed focus on quality, cost, and timeliness; Lead various service partners and personnel to LinkedIn s standards of excellence.
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities that focus on better methods to achieve objectives which may include: process efficiencies, quality improvement, risk mitigation, cost improvements and any other relevant factors that influence workplace effectiveness.
- Develop communications strategies with leadership and key stakeholders on moves, projects and other facility or service initiatives.
- Liaise with property management with clear communication and transparency on project needs, vendors, timelines and coordination.
- Implement standardized / best practice processes that create maximum efficiencies.
- Proactively manage all maintenance work that affects our space; resolve issues in compliance with proper work methods and regulations.
- Manage ad hoc project management and any associated duties as needed.
- BA/BS degree in related field.
- 6+ years relevant experience managing workplaceoperations.
- 4+ years experience managing facilities operations in a high-rise, campus environment or property portfolio management experience.
- Experience directly managing full range of workplace services through expansion & growth.
- Curious, flexible, strategic thinker who has created and evolved workplace programs.
- Proven ability to develop and execute complex projects and programs on schedule and on budget.
- A persuasive and credible communicator who can earn the trust of colleagues and senior management.
- Excellent collaborator, capable of working with others to find solutions to complex problems and leading teams towards shared goals with and without authority.
- Exceptional negotiator who is experienced in all varieties of facilities contracts.
- Strong financial management skills, specifically budget planning, accrual accounting, and variance reporting.
- Highly effective vendor management experience focused on providing timely, effective, high quality solutions.
- Able to understand and immerse oneself with the unique LinkedIn culture and ensure facilities plans are consistent with it.
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.