As a lead Worldwide z Systems Community Manager you will have an opportunity to be closely involved with the global developer ecosystem, build a thriving global community and influence developer advocacy within IBM. As a Community Manager you will help grow the z Systems and LinuxONE community beyond traditional outlets and promote IBM's position within it, including the benefits of hardware and software solutions.
You are the type of person who loves to motivate and encourage others. You are passionate about technology, and love staying up-to-date on the latest developments. You are able to blend in and collaborate with diverse groups, whether it's technical people or sales people in suits. You are detail-oriented and love getting things done. To be successful you must be highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong business acumen who knows how to get things done at big companies through influence, collaboration, and partnering effectively across functional areas.
As the Community Manager, you will be the organizing brains and the welcoming heart of our worldwide community both digitally and in person. Specifically, you will:
- Develop and implement the developer and Gen z evangelism strategy for z Systems. Build programs that drive adoption through digital channels, workshops, and field events.
- Interact with the community online and in person to expand knowledge and build recognition of the z Systems and IBM LinuxONE brand to foster positive perception and adoption.
- Grow and energize the regional communities of z advocates, including user group organizers, certified professionals, customers, faculty, students and partners.
- Motivate leaders in the community to contribute code, content, evangelize, organize z User Groups, hackathons, meetups and act as references.
- Engage advocates through creative online challenges through an online advocacy and community hub and make our advocates heroes across our company and community through recognition.
- Coordinate efforts of other advocates in the z Systems team, IBM broadly, and within the community to ensure proper messaging and promotion of the technology.
- Define milestones and outcomes that gauge success and maturity of technology and product adoption efforts.
- Work with local marketing teams to organize and propel local User Groups and communities to success and place community advocates in speaking engagements.
- Partner with the marketing and offering management organization to make the community an extension of their teams through contributed content, references, and more.
- Track metrics around the success of the z community, including overall community participation and downstream impact on our business.
- Actively participate provide direction for the digital presence on community and advocacy hubs.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.