Eaton’s Power Systems, Electrical Sector – is seeking a Wound or Stacked Core Assembler on 2nd shift at the Lincoln Avenue facility in Waukesha, WI.
Set up material, coils, and stack core lamination into coil openings to form proper core spacing and build for larger single and three phase units.
Sets up stack tables for proper dimensions, and stacks steel according to specifications, and welds core clamp assemblies in place.
Operates automated Georg core shear. Runs shear and monitors steel quality in regards to specifications.
Performs basic preventative maintenance on Georg. Sets up stack tables and stacks core to specified requirements.
- Check shop orders for required material, places material on bench or stacking table and opens core to free lamination.
- Places insulating material inside coils, insert and position core lamination through coil opening until required build-up is obtained. Form lamination corners by tapping with a mallet and tape lamination end when necessary to hold in position.
- Band core as needed to close lamination gaps using an air banding machine. Spot welds cores with an electric hand operated spot welder.
- Cuts, inserts and shims insulation board between coils, spaces core clamps, and assembles metal frame on core and coil. Occasionally required to fabricate insulation using shears and band saws.
- Clamp core and coil unit with bands, 2-piece or 4-piece type core clamps.
- Places bill of material with shop order number and catalog number, with unit and places unit on conveyor or floor.
- Sets up coils on stacking tables and opens core on work platform to free laminations. Checks core and coils for damage and refers questions of quality to supervisor or Production Checker Trainer or Inspector.
- Follows bills of material for required core steel assemblies to be cut.
- Sets up coils of steel on dereeler for cutting.
- Provides core data into Georg program using CRT for input.
- Closely monitors automatic shearing of steel, while at the same time stacking on stack table. Monitors core steel for burr level, correct sizing, and for proper stacking.
- Sets up fixture on the stacking tables for proper high precision core alignment.
- Stacks the main core, and up-ends completed unit onto a roller cart.
- Installs coils and insulation into main core and stacks top yoke.
- Assembles and welds core clamps into position.
- Assembles tap changer switch and cable to high voltage side of and coil assembly per Bill of Materials.
- Palletizes completed assemblies for transfer.
- Inspects all aspects of core and coil assemblies for quality prior to shipment.
- Moves materials and completed assemblies using fork lift and stackers as required.
- Dismantles failed units under the direction of Quality Assurance or Engineering.
- A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.