Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: November 28, 2017
Reference ID: 1081288
Are you a creative story-teller who possesses a growth mindset? Are you passionate about connecting with people and online communities through new media?
We are looking for a Content Experience Writer to join our “Amplification and Advocacy” team. In this role, you will contribute to the social media, editorial, and communications strategy to amplify the Microsoft Design and Content Agendas. You bring a unique point-of-view to the table and excel at writing creative articles, catchy headlines, and engaging content that inspires people to read, watch and share.
Join our close-knit team of writers if you are energized by working with some of the world’s most creative people who inspire, influence, and imagine the future of design and technology shaped by the human experience.
• Generating content across social media, web and various product channels
• Engaging in relevant online conversations
• Creating stories in conjunction with key partners to build a collective voice
• Collaborating within a small content team to produce, write, and edit creative content, including multimedia
• Serving as an enthusiastic and influential brand ambassador
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, creative writing or marketing
• 2+ years of website, communications, journalism, or social media experience
• Knowledge of design and tech trends and experience working with technology, business, and mainstream media
• Experience translating technical content for a mainstream audience
• Understanding of social media management tools and platforms
• Admirable writing skills with attention to detail and voice/tone
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.