Do you love it when the tech in your world makes getting work done easier and more fun? Are you an enthusiastic team member driven by a passion for making technology simpler and easier to use and understand? Are you a versatile writer who understands how to use everything from a purposefully placed fragment to a short how-to video to an in-depth story?
We’re looking for a creative and tech-savvy writer to join us in the Microsoft Teams group. Microsoft Teams is the new chat-based workspace in Office 365. It’s all the people, content, tools, and conversations you need to get work done into one place--a hub for teamwork. Our writing and copy work for Teams includes first-run experiences, user interface text, in-product contextual assistance and notifications, emails, web sites, how-to video scripts, and more. We focus on the end-user customer, but also work to connect admins with our content resources. In this role, you’ll work with our world-class designers, researchers, content creators, and engineering teams. You’ll create new product experiences and your words will help customers learn, solve their problems, and get the most out of Microsoft Teams. You’ll have a window into the future of work and a chance to shape that future for millions of customers around the globe.
The ideal candidate is passionate about words, design, and technology. You thrive in a collaborative culture, yet are disciplined, organized, able to deal with lots of requests, and successful with tight deadlines. You’re excited to innovate and believe in ensuring the highest quality content throughout every experience. You care about details, but also think strategically, and can always map what you’re delivering to the big picture. You have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of storytelling, including use of visuals. You’re excited about the new directions of technology. Most of all, you care about people using technology, and making their experiences better.
• Write and edit friendly, brilliantly clear UI text
• Write content for in-product and web experiences, including conversational agent dialogue and friendly instructional topics
• Perform functional and editorial quality assurance on content as appropriate
• Understand and effectively use our content model, content types, and brand voice
• Use multiple sources of customer data to inform strategic content improvements as well as day-to-day optimizations
• Identify opportunities for content additions, improvements, and reuse/repackaging and effectively pitch those ideas to the team and stakeholders
• 2+ years of experience writing user interface copy (applications, web, social, ecommerce, etc.)
• Natural and inquisitive passion for modern technology
• Experience working with Design discipline (interactive, visual)
• Experience (and patience) with digital content tools/CMS
• Experience working with customer research
• Agency copywriting experience
• Flexible, versatile writing across form factors, subject matter, and audiences
• Experience with instructional video and visuals
• Self-motivated collaboration and problem-solving skills
• Experience writing for instructional, conversational, or entertainment purposes (playwriting/screenwriting, narrative design, exhibition/museum design, creative/fiction writing, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Portfolio review of writing and content samples
• BA/BS degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Creative Writing, Theatre, or other literary/communication subject
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.