WW Cloud Solution Architect (IoT)
Posted: January 30, 2018
Reference ID: 1076691
Come join one of the most exciting teams at Microsoft and focus on enabling our Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Original Design Manufacturer (ODM), Systems Integrator (SI) and Independent Hardware Vendor (IHV) partners to build industry-leading IoT Solutions! We are looking for a passionate Cloud Solution Architect to be based in [CITY]. Cloud Solution Architects are pre-sales engineering professionals that are responsible for driving end-to-end IoT solution creation and deployment, powered by both Microsoft and 3rd-party / open-source technologies.
Cloud Solution Architects are trusted technology advisors that build deep relationships with our partners and that significantly influence partner innovation, strategy and adoption of Microsoft technologies. They are responsible for all aspects of the solutions engagement, including architectural design sessions, driving proof of value / proof of concept and the driving final project engagements. The ideal candidate will have both customer-facing consulting experience and deep IoT / M2M market knowledge in specific verticals such as Industrial Automation and Manufacturing, Healthcare, Smart Buildings, Smart Retail, Security and Surveillance, and Energy.
• Enable our partners to build world class IoT solutions powered by Windows IoT and Azure, engaging with them through the entire solutions lifecycle from envisioning to deployment.
• Build strategic relationships with our partners and their key decision makers, influencing their product strategy and roadmap, driving both short- and long-term opportunities.
• Keep up-to-date with IoT and cloud market trends and competitive insights, engage our Azure and Windows teams to further enhance our industry-leading cloud solutions and services.
• Help develop technical materials and trainings to help our partners develop world class products on our Windows and Azure IoT platforms, and to assist Microsoft’s overall engagement with the IoT ecosystem.
• Evangelize Microsoft technologies to IoT ecosystem partners and at industry events
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
• Cloud certifications, including Microsoft Azure, are a plus.
• Proven experience in building deep technical relationships with partner business and technical decision makers at the executive level.
• Demonstrated ability to leverage technology to drive measurable business value.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English
• Comfortable interacting with and adapting messages for various audiences and groups, whether technical, business or executive.
• 5+ years of technical sales and deployment projects
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly-distributed applications
• Computer Science, Technical or Math undergraduate degree highly desired (or equivalent work experience).
• MBA and/or Advanced Degrees are a plus.
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (building virtual teams, managing various stakeholder relationships, driving consensus on and progress of solutions implementations, etc.)
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly-distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring cost, reliability, availability and performance).
• Public cloud experience highly preferred.
• Deep IoT / M2M market and industry solutions knowledge and passion
• Experience with embedded computing devices and operating systems
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as: Salesforce, Amazon, Google, IBM, Avanade, Accenture, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS, Rackspace, Softlayer, etc.
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database Architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux, Windows.
• Experience using R, Hadoop, or other big data analytics languages and translate into effective data visualization using tools such as: PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
• Experience in Data Science-related field and/or data analytics experience relevant to IoT
• Outstanding presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Business development experience in commercial and industrial markets
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
• Proven ability to work independently and effectively with limited supervision
• A strong sense of teamwork, with ability to both build and work with virtual teams in cross-group collaborative scenarios
• Capable of effectively navigating complex business challenges in ambiguous settings with solid business judgment and risk management.
• Strong interpersonal skills with executive credibility
• Lifelong learner with a growth mindset that continually raises the bar on personal impact and performance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.