WW INTELLIGENT CLOUD – Technical Readiness Lead
We are hiring Leads for the Readiness Team.
*By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. To help drive this effort, Microsoft is investing in deepening our technical sales and partner aptitude in Intelligent Cloud solutions that will play a key role in helping Microsoft customers achieve this digital transformation through successful adoption of Microsoft Cloud solutions.
The Readiness team within the WW Intelligent Cloud organization will be at the core of helping to drive this transformation by ensuring our employees, customers and partners have the required cloud skills across the Infrastructure & Apps and Data & AI solution areas. As the Technical Sales Readiness Lead, you will play a critical role by partnering across the company and providing leadership to ensure we have the right learning approach and strategy to deepen the technical skills that are required to accelerate the customers cloud journey and derive maximum value from cloud solutions.
As one of the Leads on the team you will have the opportunity to become a critical and visible leader and to influence and work across organizations including Engineering, Marketing, Learning & Readiness, OCP and other cross-company stakeholders.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
• Identify and capture technical skills needs and develop vision, strategy, and plans for Intelligent Cloud readiness to ensure our field/partners/customers have the required technical skills, and that we continuously improve on a world class and globally consistent technical skill-building approach
• Lead and influence cross-organization stakeholders to align on readiness priorities and plans; engagement includes but is not limited to: Intelligent Cloud Sales and Technical Leads, Learning & Readiness, Product Mktg, Engineering, OCP
• Bring together diverse perspectives, technologies, and organizations to proactively respond to technical readiness needs in an integrated and aligned manner; provide innovative thinking to continuously evolve how WW Intelligent Cloud Readiness delivers high-quality technical readiness at scale
• Translates business priorities into learning objectives and learning paths/programs, and ensures the right curriculum is curated/built to increase technical product capability and professional skills
• Work across stakeholders to ensure successful landing and consumption of learning assets
to deliver great outcomes and exceed revenue targets
• Utilizes metrics and data to measure success, impact, gain insights, and work across stakeholders on evolution
The ideal candidate must be dynamic, passionate, self-motivated, confident in working with senior leaders and comfortable in a matrix organization. You need to be able to gain the trust and confidence of the communities they serve, and be a visible leader who can drive results and who truly makes a difference to the communities. You should be literate and conversant on Microsoft Intelligent Cloud technology in one or more solution areas (Infrastructure, Apps, Data, AI).
8+ years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, business training operations, sales / technical-sales and/or professional services
8+ years of experience in sales / technical-sales or professional services to enterprises
Global travel (up to 20%), to work directly with our field teams
•Experience in multiple subsidiaries/areas (emerging/developed countries)
•Proven ability to understand implications of change, train cross-functional teams, and provide the leadership to overcome barriers and achieve results through individual and team efforts.
•Skilled at identifying and evaluating new technological developments and gauging their appropriateness for the business
•Knowledge of how to design and execute effective learning modalities
•Demonstrated analytical problem solving with adaptability to manage through ambiguity
•Excellent internal and external communications skills are required (written, verbal/presentation)
•Strong problem-solving skills along with the proven ability to assess business needs and prioritize accordingly
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.