Are you a communications professional with a passion for storytelling and skill for reaching audiences in creative ways? Have you dreamt of turning your passion for games and entertainment in to a career? Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment? If so, the Xbox PR team has an opportunity for you.
The Xbox team has an opening for a PR manager responsible for leading global PR strategy and U.S. execution for programs across gaming platforms, services and 1st and 3rd party game developers. As the ideal candidate, you have a proven record of crafting innovative global communications plans and executing programs that change perceptions and reach a variety of audiences. You see the bigger picture and how it comes together for a brand as well as for a single vertical product. You are collaborative, nimble and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You see a broad definition of public relations stretching from media and influencer engagement to content creation and owned channel storytelling. You have a global perspective and a desire to be part of a world-class communications team that includes internal, external and partner teams. You are bold, curious and want to have fun.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Lead global PR strategy and U.S. execution for programs across gaming platforms, services and 1st and 3rd party game developers
• Work across a global organization to deliver impact and influence all while driving effective, integrated programs with respective marketing disciplines
• Provide counsel to internal clients, including executives and external game development partners
• Integrate PR planning and execution with teams around the world; Create materials and other content to aid subsidiary PR teams
• Manage PR agency resources for maximum effectiveness, leading multiple resources to be integral members of the extended team
• Be a vocal and proactive member of the broader Xbox PR team, participating in cross-team PR strategy
• 8+ years of experience in communications in games, technology or consumer products
• Bachelor’s degree or higher is required
• Exceptional storytelling/writing skills
• Experience working with marketing teams and partnering closely on integrated campaigns
• Passion for, and current understanding of, evolving media trends
• Creativity and proven track record in delivering innovative approaches
• Executive presence and professional maturity
• Proven ability to lead and manage cross-group teams and virtual teams, including agencies
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with diverse personalities
• Self-starter and can-do attitude a must
• A great sense of humor, the ability to work hard and have fun
• Stamina to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and an ability to deal with change
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.